Handmade Beaded Jewelry

Saturday, August 9, 2008

I realize that it has been over a month since my last blog. It has been an in creditably busy month. I have been working on some new beaded jewelry pieces for my stock and 2 new pieces for an entry in the Celebrating Beads contest in Washington DC. Which I just finished and have sent in my entry. Phew......Can't show you pictures of those until I know whether or not they made the cut. It's a Juried show. So folks, say a pray for me and just to be on the safe side cross your fingers too....LOL
Yesterday was the last day for the International Old Lacer's, Inc convention. Don't have any news on how my lace pieces did.

I also went to QBL (Quilting by the Lake) . This was my first time and It was a lot of fun. The weather was beautiful (I was there the 2nd week) I heard the 1st week had a lot of rain. I took a class with Lura Schwarz Smith and her husband Kerby Smith
It was a wonderful class and I have certainly learned a lot. In Lura's part of the class I learned how to use the Tsukineko Inks & fabrico markers. Also Primscolored pencils for shading
This is my grandson Matthew. Not to bad but I will probably do it over. In Kerby's part of the class I learned how to manipulate photos in Photoshop Elements 6 and somethings about my camera I had know idea about. I would definitely recommend a class with either one of them . They where so patience with us. Even through we asked the same questions over and over again.
So now I have to see what I'm going to do next. Do I continue making jewelry. Do I baste a baby quilt that I'm making for my nephew? Baby's due in Sept. I have half a sweater knitted. Or do I practice drawing and inking. Using what I learned in Lura's class, before I forget it? mmmmmm... such problems.lol

No comments:

Post a Comment