Handmade Beaded Jewelry

Saturday, June 5, 2010

So here I am again, and this is what has been done since I last posted.  I removed the black ring and did it over. I know, I'm a gluten for punishment...
As I'm working on this piece I'm thinking "How the heck am I going to quilt the couple". I've studied a lot of portrait quilts and to tell the truth there are very few that I like once the have stitched the face. If I follow the contours of a face I'm afraid it would look like wrinkles. I'm no Hollis Chatelain. I did see a quilt at the New Jersey Show not to long ago of a little girl. The quilter did a small meandering and it was very neat.  I liked it a lot. But I'm still afraid of messing it up.  My friend Jane gave me a very good suggestion. That is to scan the couple in the PC and print up some fabric sheet.  How cool is that. So I did. Now I'm thinking gee these are pretty neat. Wouldn't it look great in a mini quilt. So I guess there will be more to come....

2 comments:

  1. Your Roman couple is looking good! I like this layout. I agree that quilting faces is a challange. If the faces are small, I wouldn't over-quilt them, but I too am a chicken when it comes to the faces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really looks GREAT so far. I have a little quilt top that has been waiting almost 2 months to be quilted = fear of ruining it. Good to know I am not alone in this nervousness. Wonderful idea to make some prints and try those. Thanks for the tip. ann

    ReplyDelete