Handmade Beaded Jewelry

Friday, May 13, 2011

Solar Star

Wow, how time flies...I know it's been almost a whole month since my last post.  But I really didn't have anything of interest to say. Do you really want to know what I ate for breakfast?  I don't think so. This month my Guild had it's annual Quilt show. My Via Appia got an Honorable Mention. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get to the show this year. I had signed up for a 3 day bead class that wound up being the same weekend.  And since it was with a renowned bead artist, Nancy Cain, I really didn't want to miss it.  It was wonderful and if you get a chance to take a class with her do it...We did 3 projects. The first one was called Solar Star. When I first saw this project I thought, mmm that looks easy. HA! Of the 3 projects this was the hardest. It took me 3 tries before I got the inside points sharp. So that it wrapped around the star neatly. The Swarovski crystal I choose had a larger hold than the other colors and  was pretty noticeable. So I decided to add the tiny stars hanging from it.  The next project is called Crystal Tile. It is not done yet. I will show that later, in the meantime I guess I will show the 3rd project which is called 3 Sisters...But you have to wait until I photograph it.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Maxine :)
    Your solar Star is lovely! In italian I would say that you have "le mani d'oro" (golden hands. means that what you do turns out great).

    Compliments for your mention on Via Appia, it's well deserved! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Yvonne & Silvia
    It was a definite challenge. Now I'm trying to finish the 2nd project. But I'm not happy with the color of some of the crystals that came with the kit. So it will have to wait until I get some new ones. Right now I don't have the right size.

    ReplyDelete
  3. None of it looks easy to me. Beautiful work, as usual!

    ReplyDelete