Handmade Beaded Jewelry

Monday, July 18, 2011

What am I working on

Fiberart North East is a group I belong to. Every year we have a gallery show at the Mahopac Library. Mahopac NY. Anyway this year it will be in September from the 1st to the 28th. Reception on the 17th from 2-4. Well, back to what I'm working on . It's a Monochromatic Mosaic. I just finish fusing all the tiny pieces of fabric to a white background. And I wanted to share it with you. The design I used is from a photo that I took a few years ago while in a church in Lucca, Italy. I could have just done an applique technique but after seeing a mosaic quilt by a fellow quilt artist from Italy Laura DiCera I just had to try my hand at it. Since the theme of this show is Monochromatic I choose beige and brown family. Now I have to quilt this and so I'm praying that the tiny little tiles of fabric don't pop off....My piece will measure 9" x 20" and it will be mounted on a white canvas measuring 12" x 24" . All the quilts in the show will be the same size either hanging horizontally or vertically...  So here is a photo of before I quilt it.






1 comment:

  1. E' bellissimo!!! Sei bravissima!!! Sono molto contenta che la tecnica del mio mosaico abbia oltrepassato l'oceano :)))))
    Un abbraccio!
    LAURA

    ReplyDelete