Handmade Beaded Jewelry

Monday, February 13, 2012

Savannah February 10, 2012

 My husband and I went to Savannah on Friday and while walking around the river front took a few pictures. Here they are.



I had a hard time taking this shot. This little feller was a little camera shy and kept turning his head. 

This feller is not camera shy

 Now this Winged Lion was very interesting. It reminded me so much of the Lions we see in Venice. I stopped in to the Chamber of Commons to see if they had any information on it, but there was nothing. I would really love to know what inspired the use of a winged lion. Maybe it was a visit by someone who also fell in Love with Venice. 
There were two revolutionary cannons on display. Once used for ceremonies for visiting Presidents. During the Civil War the conferates hid them from the Union Armies

1 comment: